Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Paint, decoration, wallpapers, spray, coving etc.

Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default airless spraying..........

drywallschool.com

done a small amount of airless spraying in college years ago i found it pretty good with the effect paints fleck the lot..

come across a few new kithouse jobs where the ceilings are t&g and finished in white in the factory but we all know what that means........... yes there black by the time the joiners put them up.and alot of rafters and perlings for show and fire cote paints....

just looking into an airless sprayer as i think it would be 10 times quicker than brush and roller. but it would have to be relativly cheap as i wouldnt use it alot and as im not that experianced. came across this one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIRLESS-PAINT-...item256118a942

170 just thought id see what you guys think or would reccomend i buy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

No. You need to spend at least a grand and get yourself an entry level Graco. I've been looking at a Graco minimax just for cutting in the corners with drywall sealer and emulsion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

yeah well i could spend a grand if i had a grand lol plus id only be using it on the likes of doors.... and t & g ceilings =] and it would hardly get used just now and then so rather than having an expencive piece of equipment that would hardly get used just laying around is a diff story?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Looks alright if your going to spray a shed,decking,airfix model or some other 240v diy job,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=220727908039

This one has been sold but the Wagner 9150 twin stroke will do the job at the right money.

You may have to beef up the mesh filter and spray tip (no more then about 50) to push the primer through it, but it will spray a room neatly in no time.
    Last edited by turrican_007; 10-02-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    www.dryliningfinisher.co.uk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

ah i see well i came across a wagner one........ just wonder if itl be alright for a first one 600 sprayer.jpg

Set up for Emulsions – additional tips available,Max nozzle size 19 thou – reversible to clear blockages quickly ,Spray gun with filter ,Direct intake from paint container,15m (50’) Fluid line.Piston pump,Wheels making transport easier,Fold-up design for compact storage,Multistage pressure regulator,200bar spraying pressure,Delivery 1.25 litres/minute,2 year warranty on non wearing parts - Misuse excluded,CE Marked
    • Spares stocked

what do you think??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlad2k10 View Post
    what do you think??
    Looks a bit mickey mouse, hold out for the 9150 wagner i know that works well coz i have one.

keep hunting on ebay with 600 to blow you would be better getting a second hand Graco or waiting for the wagner 9150 which would give you loads of change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turrican_007 View Post
    Looks a bit mickey mouse, hold out for the 9150 wagner i know that works well coz i have one.

keep hunting on ebay with 600 to blow you would be better getting a second hand Graco or waiting for the wagner 9150 which would give you loads of change.
    well thats the thing can u actually trust 2nd hand? i just want one thats semi decent so i can teach my self....... have been taught in college but verry little if ya know what i mean just 2nd hand its probably fcuked and at a rate of 200bar your talking 300 psi and the college lecturer spoke to him about it and he said theyd replaced the excisting graco one that cost 1200 with this one so yano?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I can`t comment on what your lecturer choice is, all i ment was the 9150 works well for spraying drywall primer (and decking oil) and is cheap. I sprayed a 120 bed hotel with the 9150 with no problems. Nice tool and if i remember right it has about a 2 foot fan so spraying is quick and neat. I paid about 200 on ebay it was used but boxed, i spent about 50 on the nozzel tip and filter and it paid for its self in a morning. So i have no problems with secondhand.

If you want to spend loads of money on a sprayer thats your choice, how many m2 do you plan to spray a week?

Your money your choice..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turrican_007 View Post
    I can`t comment on what your lecturer choice is, all i ment was the 9150 works well for spraying drywall primer (and decking oil) and is cheap. I sprayed a 120 bed hotel with the 9150 with no problems. Nice tool and if i remember right it has about a 2 foot fan so spraying is quick and neat. I paid about 200 on ebay it was used but boxed, i spent about 50 on the nozzel tip and filter and it paid for its self in a morning. So i have no problems with secondhand.

If you want to spend loads of money on a sprayer thats your choice, how many m2 do you plan to spray a week?

Your money your choice..

thats what i was meaning dont intend on using it every day just for the crazy archutect jobs where the ceilings are lined in v lining ( t & g) and pre painted white which by the time the joiners are done its all grubby and big 31" double rafters made of timber that are for show and perlings etc..... done a house like this last year and it took forever brushing and rollering it especially the fire coating. i just thought i could buy a sprayer for doing these jobs as it would be way faster. ? but i could also do with a sprayer that the pole roller attaches to for painting high up so (outsides of houses/huge open rooms) so it makes it easier?

i certainly wouldnt intend on spraying the outside of a house as its risky buisness with spray as its also windy here non stop.this is where id intend on using the roller thats fed from the pump as it would be a simple case of working off a ladder?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

you need to invest in something good otherwise youll simply be pissing all your paint down to get the thing to spray. all my lads have a graco 695 or above plus a smaller machine as back up, either a graco 495 or a titan 640i, if you ask any of them which is the best machine to have it will be either a graco mark v or the graco 1095, top machines that will spray anything. you need to learn how to change the packings and you need spares, you need different tips for different gear.you need different filters for different paints, you need to give the machine plenty of TLC and it will last for ever. my machine that i use for doing samples is a 1990 graco ultra 500, works as good today as it did 20 years ago. if your going to get a machine get something good.
    www.pristinecoatings.co.uk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobPristine View Post
    you need to invest in something good otherwise youll simply be pissing all your paint down to get the thing to spray. all my lads have a graco 695 or above plus a smaller machine as back up, either a graco 495 or a titan 640i, if you ask any of them which is the best machine to have it will be either a graco mark v or the graco 1095, top machines that will spray anything. you need to learn how to change the packings and you need spares, you need different tips for different gear.you need different filters for different paints, you need to give the machine plenty of TLC and it will last for ever. my machine that i use for doing samples is a 1990 graco ultra 500, works as good today as it did 20 years ago. if your going to get a machine get something good.

okay il see in a few weeks what the cashflows like =] plenty of small renovations on atm insurance jobs etc =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlad2k10 View Post
    okay il see in a few weeks what the cashflows like =] plenty of small renovations on atm insurance jobs etc =]
    what is an ATM insurance job?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

what is an ATM insurance job?

painting round cash machines? **sarcasm** atm = at the moment =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

really: we spray these with two pack coatings using a HVLP sprayer to get a finish equivalent to powder coated we do this while we spray the shopfronts, although we dont do it for insurance work, we do it during the refits. we did a load for santander last year, as i live in wales i wouldn't be poaching your customers, so how do you get on the approved lists for insurance companies, never thought about atm's from an insurance point of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

really: we spray these with two pack coatings using a HVLP sprayer to get a finish equivalent to powder coated we do this while we spray the shopfronts, although we dont do it for insurance work, we do it during the refits. we did a load for santander last year, as i live in wales i wouldn't be poaching your customers, so how do you get on the approved lists for insurance companies, never thought about atm's from an insurance point of view.

no idea how you get the insurance work as i work for a building company i just do the work the boss gets the jobs just seem to get a fair few insurance jobs these days private and council houses/flats,from waterdamage to fire damage and so on. and plenty of small and large renevations from ripping out internal walls @ the exterior walls for re studding insulating and so on.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

tell your boss to look at www.smoke-damage.co.uk
    for the next time he gets a smoke or fire damage job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Atm is the acrynom for "At The Moment." People usually use it during a chat conversation or email

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

tell your boss to look at www.smoke-damage.co.uk
    for the next time he gets a smoke or fire damage job

will do. also told him to look into the drywall paints & primers =] but usually on a firejob its a house and since its the building company they rather tear the place apart and redo everything. but i see how it would be alright in a warehouse but once the plasterboards burnt its pretty buggerd and needs replaced?

depends how bad the fires been tbh...... that products youve mentioned would be ideal in the case of a small chip pan fire where its a smaller amount been affected by smoke and fire?
    Last edited by scottishlad2k10; 22-02-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

ATM "at the moment". Jesus, what has happened to just writing words in full.....nexthing youll be telling me there is an acronym for oh my god

Thread Information