Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gee...finally!

Automatic and hand tools, sanders, stilts etc. What's hot and what's not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Gee...finally!

drywallschool.com

We've supplied one of the T&J members with a pivoting mixer and complete set of Stainless Knives and the EZ Grip Ergonomic Mud Pan made by Advance Equipment. It was crazy, initially shipping was to be $200.00 so they worked a little harder and were able to get it reduced to $50.00. I don't want to volunteer him but if he would like to give his opinion, we would certainly appreciate it. We still owe him a 3 Point Creaser that will be sent out as soon as we get them back from our vendor.

We've had much difficulty getting things established in the UK and surrounding areas primarily due to communication(s). So here's our plan...
    We're going to give it 30 days to see what our response is to contacting local material houses; hopefully that will be productive. Otherwise we'll sell them on our own site directly to the end customer and start an advertising program with Alex.

Rick

Here's something "new" ...with heavy Apla Tech connotations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9oz0xcsfaw
    Last edited by rhardman; 11-03-2011 at 10:14 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rhardman For This Useful Post:

TonyM (11-03-2011)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

It was me! Thanks again Rick.

I'm using the mixing tool for mixing fast set, joint cement and cove adhesive. It needs a drill with a chuck so i'm using it with my Hilti cordless presently but am reluctant to do too big a mix for fear of burning my drill out. I'm looking into a chuck to fit my big mixing drill. The mixer whips the material up really smooth, very quickly and also because of the design, scrapes around the bottom of the bucket really well. I'll post a couple of pictures as i'll be using it tomorrow.
    The knives are very much like the Sheetrock ones with a nice deep blade, but i've not used any of them yet.
    Not being a mud pan user, I need to use that a little more to get used to it.

Just watched that video, and having used the Apla-Tech CFS tools and seen that other B Fast set up, I must say that Ames kit looks by far the most refined. Bet you don't get much change out of about 8k though.
    Last edited by TonyM; 11-03-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

what the heck he's not even using a tape holder when he works manually? no wonder it takes 3 hours...

This thing is good if you live far from winters... and tape HUGE jobs, and probably have strong 110V power to feed the pump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thank you Tony!

We shouldn't have any problem threading the shaft on the Pivoting Mixer. I've sent in the question and will let you know when I receive confirmation.
    It really is a great mixer.HSI Pivoting Mixer.JPG

Since I invented the thing, we are the only place to get it. That's why I'm knocking on the doors of your local suppliers. The tools on our site are great tools and offer new technology, but they really don't reflect our main focus. The other systems we'll be offering in the next few months are not like anything on the market today.

Here's a link to more of what we have (with respect to the site fully recognizing that we intend to offer some advertising compensation):

http://www.hardmansystems.com/downlo...e%20011511.pdf

Rick
    Last edited by rhardman; 12-03-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Getting the hang of this Goodmanatee's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Would really like a creaser wheel. How much would it cost to ship one of them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Goodmanatee View Post
    Would really like a creaser wheel. How much would it cost to ship one of them?
    yer I reckon they must work really well so im interested in one of those too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

keep us informed on when and where we can buy these I for one am interested in a few things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If a few of us would like some stuff, surely we could sort some out amongst ourselves to share the cost of shipping.
    Where did you mange to get the $50 shipping from Tony?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default What's going on right now...UK

We've been months trying to get a good relationship started so we can ship everything over in a single package and then have the tools shipped out to different supply houses. A while back I wanted to send sample Pivoting mixers out but my cost was way over $100.00 each so I just couldn't do it.

Since we're working with Advance to make our CG mixer, it was Advance that was able to secure the $50.00 shipping to Tony. Tony didn't pay for that, that was totally our expense along with the cost of the tools. We really want to make this easy for you guys so in the first evaluations, it's totally free.

I'm committed to 3 Creaser Wheel samples afterwhich I'll have to charge for them. Right now we're using UHMW self lubricating plastic which can't be molded so they have to be spun individually on a lathe. I'm waiting for the next delivery from our vendor.

At first, as I said, I really wanted to offer everything through established sources but we seem to get lost in their higher priority list of things to do. So we're going to have to be more serious about the pricing on our website. Give me a week to verify my costs and get things updated. The big issue is getting the shipping right. We will be very competitive to other internet pricing.

Whatever makes sense for you guys, I'm happy to do. So if you want to get one order together for several of you that's fine. In the background what I will do is send my tools to DeAnne in Chicago then she'll add the other tools you want and ship everything from there with her corporate discounts.

I really want to work with you guys. You have a greater need for our glass (scrim) tools than anywhere else and at least right now, they are the bulk of what we have to offer.

I did receive a note from one of the UK distributor's yesterday. I have to review their interest in the Advance knives. If we can't increase the Advance position too, there's not much interest for us.

Either way, it's looking like our best answer is to provide the best pricing we can on our own site and let you guys decide who you want to deal with.

That Fiberglass taper I came up with is really fast. I'll let you know when the video is finished.

Thank you very much for your consideration gentlemen!

Rick
    Last edited by rhardman; 13-03-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ducatster View Post
    yer I reckon they must work really well so im interested in one of those too!
    With any tool you get some guys that like them, some that don't and a few that complain about everything.

Fortunately, all of our tools have had at least a 90% positive response. But that's what's wild about the 3 Point Creaser... It's been a 100% positive experience for everyone. Not a single negative opinion ever.

There's an audio clip review at the top of these pages...
    3 Point Creaser:
    http://www.hardmansystems.com/products/creaser/

Pivoting Mixer and 3 Point Creaser:
    http://www.hardmansystems.com/products/paddles/

Pivoting Mixer
    http://www.hardmansystems.com/realusers/

I don't want to come across as some sales guy so I'll back off. But I do want to let you guys know how important you are to us and how motivated we are to work with you. It's been slow and frustrating trying to get this going.

Rick
    I've been in contact with Alex about paying for advertising...just so you know.
    Last edited by rhardman; 13-03-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Do you have a video of someone using the mesh taper.
    I'm very tall so taping ceilings for me is quick and easy with knife and tape, but the person i work with is not so tall and has to use a hop up to tape up ceilings. So i do the ceilings. Could be handy for him.
    There was a product like this a little while back and being the tool ho i am, brought one. It was total rubbish! straight in the shed to collect cobwebs forever!
    How well does it work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm very tall so taping ceilings for me is quick and easy with knife and tape, but the person i work with is not so tall and has to use a hop up to tape up ceilings. So i do the ceilings. Could be handy for him.
    There was a product like this a little while back and being the tool ho i am, brought one. It was total rubbish! straight in the shed to collect cobwebs forever!
    How well does it work?
    would that tool be the tapetech monster mech??...if so I may have a buyer it if you need the space!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

would that tool be the tapetech monster mech??...if so I may have a buyer it if you need the space!
    No mate. The Monster Mesh is a great bit of kit if you can find the 'right' mesh to put through it. They are like gold dust now though as Tapetech stopped production several years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

haha... yes I have one & I've lent it to a mate as im on the paper tape on my job but he's fallen love with it & would pay good money for one now! but I'm not selling mine though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

How well does it work?
    I really haven't tried to sell the mesh taper because we don't have the video yet. I gave a couple out and I thought just by looking at it, the guy's would see how easy it is to use. They didn't. One guy said it was 5 times faster than what they used to do but even then they were doing it wrong.

Thursday night I'm meeting with a guy about putting a simple video together. I'll let you know when to expect it.

I think you will really like it. There are 2 tubes holding the front and rear sections together. It telescope's to make it longer for easy reaching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Can you help me with something?

We're talking with Advance Thursday morning about getting tools to you guy's in the least expensive and easiest manner possible.

Shipping costs are the killer. Asuming we can get decent prices, do you prefer buying from someone local or are you open to buying direct from the source overseas? The shipping would be US Post with no tracking numbers. There is a gamble there, however I do believe we can get insurance for the package. If they lose it, it will be a huge pain for both of us. The alternative is to work with your local material houses which will unfortunately cost us more time dealing with them so we will have to raise our prices a bit. But...you can buy from them online or go in their stores to get the tools much easier.

I'd really like to hear your opinions. Please PM me or email to rhardman@hardmansystems.com

Thank you,

Rick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Don't think it's the tapetech. Give me a couple of days to find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok mate,you must have more junk than I have!!!...lol...the monster mech is about the same size as a bazooka & works in a similar way, cutting & advanceing the tape up to start with the controll tube

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhardman View Post
    We've supplied one of the T&J members with a pivoting mixer and complete set of Stainless Knives and the EZ Grip Ergonomic Mud Pan made by Advance Equipment. It was crazy, initially shipping was to be $200.00 so they worked a little harder and were able to get it reduced to $50.00. I don't want to volunteer him but if he would like to give his opinion, we would certainly appreciate it. We still owe him a 3 Point Creaser that will be sent out as soon as we get them back from our vendor.

We've had much difficulty getting things established in the UK and surrounding areas primarily due to communication(s). So here's our plan...
    We're going to give it 30 days to see what our response is to contacting local material houses; hopefully that will be productive. Otherwise we'll sell them on our own site directly to the end customer and start an advertising program with Alex.

Rick

Here's something "new" ...with heavy Apla Tech connotations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9oz0xcsfaw
    Rick it was me Tony was closer than me!!!! I'm Nea a happy man but i am now i got my hands on that mixer!!!!!!! Its the best thing since sliced bread Rick and so much more can come of this great mixer!!!!(I have told some1 but no response yet) U KNOW WHO U R!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thank you.

It's a great mixer. We're talking to one of your internet/local distributors to get the tools to you. My big thing is communication. I believe that's where you can determine the sincerity of your business partner.

We're waiting for information from them, we'll see how it goes.

Rick

Thread Information