Other stuff. Everything else unrelated to building site chat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Thumbs down Comet and their Sale of Goods Act policy

drywallschool.com

Planning on buying any electrical goods from Comet Group PLC? Please consider this first.

Much to my annoyance yesterday while returning a faulty 4 month old TV for my wheelchair bound mother which is still covered by the 12 month 'Sale of Goods Act', I discovered that rather than replacing their faulty electrical goods with a suitable substitute (of which they had many in boxes at the back of the store), or offer a refund, they will instead send your faulty appliance away for (at least) 2 weeks to be repaired.

The end result is no TV, and tough luck, for a fully paid up customer who has now lost one of her very few passtimes because she chose to buy from Comet.

Beware and be careful before you buy because this is apparently company policy and well documented in a google search I did that discovered many other unhappy testimonials ..... Would you accept this lame excuse, and soldier on without, if it was a new van, taping tools, or house you had just bought?

To avoid making the same mistake as she did, please take care to check the small print or avoid this company altogether. Otherwise, maybe you could end up with nothing for a few weeks after buying faulty electrical equipment in good faith too?

A plus point was, my son was looking to purchase an iPad while I was in the middle of our disagreement with the store manager. So we took our business elsewhere.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Apologies for raising an old thread but recent events and reports of Comet's demise tonight got me thinking. My mother had no TV because of their returns policy and poor customer service by the unsympathetic store manager. On return of the faulty TV as it couldnt be fixed, I was then offered a replacement (two weeks late) or my money back.

I did the sensible thing and legged it with the money to a reputable dealer right across the road.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...card-iPad.html

You had that coming.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Dont get me started, last year I bought two tv's for my kids bed rooms, about 6months ago one of them packed up and comet said as these tv's wer not made any more they would replace it, I chose a new TV a little dearer and paid the difference. Now the other one has packed up too so we took it back expecting the same treartment but Oh no its different now because Comet have gone into administration and will not honour any previous sale, they were down right rude to my wife and advised her to go direct to the manufacturer ot trading standards. I feel sorry for the staff that are about to loose their jobs but that doesnt help us does it.

Thread Information