Automatic and hand tools, sanders, stilts etc. What's hot and what's not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New flex due out soon ?

I went into Walls and Ceilings Bristol to get my origional Flex a new Drive cable and housing (first time it gone in 2 years ) And picked up the Flex Vario , thought to myself this feels heavy to be honest , anyway asked behind the counter what deal they could do on it as maybe time to treat myself to a new one . The women behind the counter said that they are sending all the Varios back as everyone is complaining about various things and Flex have made a new model as a replacement, that is due into the shop anytime soon , and will be priced better than the Vario ! anyone know anything about this ? or as usual am i completely out of the loop and you all know about the new model ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

I also heard a new one was being released at a BG open day no too long ago, it may (or may not) have been on demo or display now I come to think about it. Stuart Colclough is a member on the forum who really knows his Flex sanders, he was the fellow who wrote this article;

http://www.tapingandjointing.com/for...-WST700VV-Plus

Ping him a message and politely ask him to reply to this thread so we all know whats up.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When was the WSE-500 released , does this have upgraded drive gear, Cable and hose etc ? anyone used it as i have the 702 . Perhaps she was talking about the WSE-500 , i actually hope not as i'd like to see something new !

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Hopefully i can clear this one up a bit !

The lady at walls and ceilings is little off the mark, the wst 700's have had a very minor electrical issue with a switch wire - this has now been completely sorted and if their machines have been sent back it would have been to have the switch wires sorted.

ok so the wst 700 yes its a bit heavier but not by much - i posted weights of machines in a previous thread.

we fix ws702's and porter cable all week long and yes they are probably the preferred choice of tapers in the uk and usa. the only major issue with them is the driveshaft, some are lucky and they last years others seem to have shaft after shaft with constant breakages,., bottom line is that they do need regular maintenance, so far with the wst 700 this is not the case, the drive shaft is strong and the gearing even stronger, over 15 months and we haven't even sold a shaft or a pair of brushes for one. To conclude i would say it's the strongest drywall sander on the market to date.

Now to clear up the new sander issue.... yes its the WSE500 and its pretty much a pimped up ws702 - improved head pivot, improved vac hose connection and a bi more power, its already available in 240v and is sellin well in germany and rest of europe ok, UK release has been delayed slightly but will keep everyone informed of progress.

So there will be three ways of buying a Flex drywall sander soon

1. WSE500 = entry level sander
    2. WSt700vv = middle level spec (round head only)
    3. = WST700vv Plus = Top of the range (round & tri head)

The flex vac with 110v power take off and auto clean is also nearly ready for uk release, again will keep all informed of progress, stocking and prices.
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thread Information