Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Other stuff. Everything else unrelated to building site chat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Default rules and regulations

007.jpg

pretty soon expecting to see 1 that says ,no farting,if you feel 1 coming on please exit building and walk at least 10 metres away before dropping it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to big g For This Useful Post:

amestaper (13-07-2012), E.K Taper (08-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Could it be that someone makes a good living planting these on sites? Just watch and don't fall over it, an obstruction that size carelessly left around at your place of work could cause a serious injury if it fell on you...
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amestaper For This Useful Post:

big g (07-07-2012), E.K Taper (08-07-2012)

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by big g View Post
    pretty soon expecting to see 1 that says ,no farting,if you feel 1 coming on please exit building and walk at least 10 metres away before dropping it.
    Have said this for years now ...... Before long there will be a sign saying beware of the signs because of the risk of tripping over the bloody things ...... Lol

But on a serious note, some signs are useful but the more they put up of the tedious and blatantly obvious, the more any signs meaning anything really important loses it's impact becaus these ass holes have diluted a signs impact by all this shit ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forestbhoy For This Useful Post:

big g (07-07-2012), E.K Taper (08-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Get so f##ked off with these got asked to leave a site once after I refused to clean it after some gear "accidentley" dropped on it. They take there signs very seriously even above common sense

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crack filler For This Useful Post:

big g (07-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

got to keep moving the bloody thing, going to put my back out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

You know forestbhoy makes a good point about diluted sign impact. On a recent trip to the US I failed to see a street side sign as it was surrounded by a neon forest. People do become blind to familiarity and only really notice changes. I wonder if those message board designers realise that and shouldn't any signage be in several different languages to appease the PC brigade and folks not indigenous to these islands?

Haven't been on a site since 2009 when they started dishing out fines and the like for failure to wear hard hats and hi viz jackets etc, that sign would've been thrown out along with the main contractors kitchens they liked to store in my workplace. H+S policies were only strictly enforced whenever it suited their needs.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amestaper For This Useful Post:

big g (08-07-2012), E.K Taper (08-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

got to keep moving the bloody thing, going to put my back out.
    Hahaha! As long as you´ve got your hiViz vest,gloves, hard hat and steel toe cap boots on you`ll be fine Oh and keep your radio down

13. The Following User Says Thank You to E.K Taper For This Useful Post:

big g (08-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

would throw it out ames but not sure i should even be moving it as ive not been on a course and got a card to say im qualified to.and not kidding EK ive heard some sites are not allowing radios because if its up to loud you cant hear anything else.

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

would throw it out ames but not sure i should even be moving it as ive not been on a course and got a card to say im qualified to.and not kidding EK ive heard some sites are not allowing radios because if its up to loud you cant hear anything else.
    We did a block of flats years ago in Weston-S-Mare, Tim the taper had a Ghetto Blaster (thats how many years ago) on the 8th floor, foreman came up and asked him to turn it down as they'd had a complaint from a resident down the road

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Brian S For This Useful Post:

big g (08-07-2012)

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

007.jpg

what builder is this big g? more and more builders are becoming little more than management companies that aren't bothered by getting the job done on time but will give you a yellow card for not wearing hat, vest ,and on some sites now goggles and gloves???????
    was on a miller homes job about a month ago and metal hop ups were banned you had to use platform scaffold with bars around incase you fell off?
    it took more than double the time to do the job and the site was already 6 weeks behind, lasted 4 hours before i threw in the towel

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sq ames taper For This Useful Post:

big g (08-07-2012), E.K Taper (09-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Going to guess thats a Taylor Wimpey site? They have notices all over the place yet dont bother with those long plastic radiator pipes sticking out all over the f*****g place, if there arent a hazard dont know what is. On a footnote Barratt have introduced a £100 fine for any unsafe actions they catch you doing.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DMC For This Useful Post:

big g (08-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMC View Post
    Going to guess thats a Taylor Wimpey site? They have notices all over the place yet dont bother with those long plastic radiator pipes sticking out all over the f*****g place, if there arent a hazard dont know what is. On a footnote Barratt have introduced a £100 fine for any unsafe actions they catch you doing.
    got it in 1 dmc,yea tw site,those pipes are a bugger,yet healyh and safety say nothing about an obvious trip hazaard,heard miller want tapers to put dust sheets down,and barratt ive walked off loads of their sites because of the stuff they made you use(knauf)but that was when times were good.good on you for telling them to stick it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

hi sq,had a few reds lol getting posts mixed up,good on you for telling them to stick it,getting really fed up with all their shit they really are going over the score.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Had an induction on to a Robertson Homes site in Ayr last week and was handed a card listing the do's and donts. (Mainly donts). One said "Avoid leaving trip hazards". Having been in the house to unload the van, I noticed every doorway still had the threshold in, from when they put the partitions up! I told him I wanted the thresholds cut out and he replied "Why?"
    "Cos they're a trip hazard" I said
    "Cant you just watch where you're going?"
    F*cking typical. 6 trip hazards in the downstairs of the house, a 3ft trench outside the front door and bits of wood wi nails in all over the site but just "watch where yer going"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    Had an induction on to a Robertson Homes site in Ayr last week and was handed a card listing the do's and donts. (Mainly donts). One said "Avoid leaving trip hazards". Having been in the house to unload the van, I noticed every doorway still had the threshold in, from when they put the partitions up! I told him I wanted the thresholds cut out and he replied "Why?"
    "Cos they're a trip hazard" I said
    "Cant you just watch where you're going?"
    F*cking typical. 6 trip hazards in the downstairs of the house, a 3ft trench outside the front door and bits of wood wi nails in all over the site but just "watch where yer going"

Hope you told them to shove it EK. The site i am on just now doesnt have anyone one with a card to allow them to put up an oxford system. What happens is they drop it of at the door and tell you 'Any f*****g idiot can do it 'then expect you to DIY, but if you fall its your own fault.All this after an induction.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Hope you told them to shove it EK. The site i am on just now doesnt have anyone one with a card to allow them to put up an oxford system. What happens is they drop it of at the door and tell you 'Any f*****g idiot can do it 'then expect you to DIY, but if you fall its your own fault.All this after an induction.
    Elf an safety counts only when it suits them. How many times have shite agents turned up on weekends to supervise, after you have been told the house your taping has to be finished by Sunday night, etc ......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

I've got 1 of those cards, DMC, the Oxford Safety guys came onto a Persimmon site and showed us how to put one up. Your agent is right- any fu****g idiot CAN put 1 up! But I know what ya mean, the labourer should be inducted at least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Big G, a couple of pals are at a Cruden site in Dumfries and there are no radios allowed, under NO circumstances, period, EVER. Mind you, I was at a Cruden job in Nitshill, Glasgow, and you couldnt bring a glass bottle on to the site! Seriously, he had signs up everywhere. Turns out a labourer and forklift driver had a row in the canteen and one of them brained the other with a bottle of Irn Bru !

28. The Following User Says Thank You to E.K Taper For This Useful Post:

Beermonster (16-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

hahaha ek where do you get those photos from,they will be telling joiners their not allowed hammers on job shortly.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

hahaha ek where do you get those photos from,they will be telling joiners their not allowed hammers on job shortly.
    i thought everyone looked like that in the west of scotland

Thread Information