Visit Belmore Tools online shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Automatic and hand tools, sanders, stilts etc. What's hot and what's not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Columbia finishing set

Ok so I've decided to take the plunge and invest in one of these sets and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to purchase one at the best price ? It looks like bellmore tools is the best unless anyone has any suggestions ? Also thought I'd mention that I've been sneaking the homax banjo on site for the last couple of weeks and now I've got used to it I have to say its actually a fantastic tool and considerably cheaper than a bazooka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Singing jointer View Post
    Ok so I've decided to take the plunge and invest in one of these sets and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to purchase one at the best price ? It looks like bellmore tools is the best unless anyone has any suggestions ? Also thought I'd mention that I've been sneaking the homax banjo on site for the last couple of weeks and now I've got used to it I have to say its actually a fantastic tool and considerably cheaper than a bazooka
    hey singing jointer,how do you reach top angles with homax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hi big g .. Do you mean the ceiling internals ? I have a plastic hop up which I kick along the floor and when I've reached the furthest I pull about 3 ft slack and move along .. Sounds a bit labour intensive but works well enough for me , I have even had a machine jointer who hires a bazooka show an interest in it ( although he is denying that to anyone else ha )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Singing jointer For This Useful Post:

big g (20-07-2012)

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Yea i would say give Marcus a shout or get it sent from over the pond! I have bought a lot of gear from over the pond but then Mr Cameron gets u with the inport duty
    There is also DM Solutions that u could try! Dan is on here under DMS i think! so u could get ur list together and make them fight for ur trade(Sorry Marcus)
    All the best but u r picking some of the best tools out there(Columbia)
    The Homax has its place thats for sure but not for a whole house!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    Yea i would say give Marcus a shout or get it sent from over the pond! I have bought a lot of gear from over the pond but then Mr Cameron gets u with the inport duty
    There is also DM Solutions that u could try! Dan is on here under DMS i think! so u could get ur list together and make them fight for ur trade(Sorry Marcus)
    All the best but u r picking some of the best tools out there(Columbia)
    The Homax has its place thats for sure but not for a whole house!
    Thanks beermonster I will have a look at dm solutions

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

You could try walls and ceilings,but see if you can get the price down off them.Sometimes they can be a bit steep.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Thanks beermonster I will have a look at dm solutions
    Dont think he has columbia but he can get the stuff no probs thats where my columbia gun came from and it was 300 less than the best i could find!

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forestbhoy View Post
    You could try walls and ceilings,but see if you can get the price down off them.Sometimes they can be a bit steep.
    Thats another good option 2 try!
    Get them all fightin together as its hard enough for us guys without gettin stung another 500!
    Thats a week in algarve all inclusive!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

When you're on to Belmore or DMS , casually mention if theres a discount for forum members, ya never know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    When you're on to Belmore or DMS , casually mention if theres a discount for forum members, ya never know
    Ok nice idea thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ok also I have came across a finish pro full set for sale as new ! Anyone recommend these machines ? Are they good , how long they last etc ? Thank you to everyone for taking the time to help with your replys it is appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Ok also I have came across a finish pro full set for sale as new ! Anyone recommend these machines ? Are they good , how long they last etc ? Thank you to everyone for taking the time to help with your replys it is appreciated
    My father in law just sold one of these kits last month. It was about 4 years old and not used that often other than when I needed to borrow a replacement when my own stuff was broken or needed repaired. They are cheaper than the more popular brands, come with a handy flight case, and are capable of doing the job. The only thing I reckon is suspect is the plastic hinges on the nailspotters. If you can find a cheap set, then buy it.

See these threads for more info and photos.
    http://www.tapingandjointing.com/for...hread.php/1608
    http://www.tapingandjointing.com/for...hread.php/1619
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

its the same set alex,must say they look well cared for. singing jointer, they look like same boxes you get from speedtape when you hire,ive never had a prob with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by big g View Post
    its the same set alex,must say they look well cared for. singing jointer, they look like same boxes you get from speedtape when you hire,ive never had a prob with them.
    Yeah it is exactly that one but confused as to why someone is selling it a month after buying it ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

thats second time they have been on flea bay,first time was only about a week or two after the guy bought them,says he ran out of work,they reached between 1600-1700,doubt he must have got a non payer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by big g View Post
    thats second time they have been on flea bay,first time was only about a week or two after the guy bought them,says he ran out of work,they reached between 1600-1700,doubt he must have got a non payer.
    Ywah I noticed it a while back . Think I'll leave that shame really as its currently only 1k with 40 mins to go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

I cant find them listed, send me a link please.
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    I cant find them listed, send me a link please.
    they are finished alex,reached 1000,dont know if they sold or not,but thats second time they were on,reached 1600-1700 first time,by same seller,as i explained in pm,something didnt seem quite right so didnt want to put someone on to a dodgy deal.cheers m8.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

No worries man. If he ran out of work then it's understandable he may have had to offload them, I just hope he didn't make too much of a loss.

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Come on lads Belmore is the only place to buy your Taping tools from !! hahah - No Seriously take these things into consideration.
    * If you make a purchase from USA - you will be hit with import duty (variable depending on shippers paperwork) Full vat payable usually before goods released and of course shipping which has doubled in last 12 months - you may also be hit with advance of duty fee and comprehensive paperwork fee if you don't have import license and deferment account (we have all these!)

* Warranty will exist if you buy tools but usually with whoever sold them to you - probably not a good idea having to send them back to the states if they go wrong within warranty period (usually 5 years)
    * Belmore Tools are UK Registered Warranty Repair Center for Columbia & European Warranty Repair Center For Tapetech Tools - pure peace of mind and we cover (at our cost) shipping of tools for warranty repairs to a from our depot in Norwich UK

* We WILL give discount to any forum member either money off tools or free hand tools to certain value depending on what you order. http://www.tapetech.com/warranty-ser...anty-repair-uk

* In the next 48 hrs we will have Finance available on any purchase over 300 - Belmore UK Ltd have full consumer credit license for the UK and are licensed to offer credit for purchases across our full range with tailored finance for self employed.

* TAPETECH or Columbia are the best tools you can buy right now for your money - beware of finish pro as parts can be a problem to source also be aware of anyone trying to offload Northstar at stupid prices as they went pop over 3 years ago now and parts are starting to become very scarce, many of the parts are interchangeable but you can guarantee you will break apart either warranty or damage that cant be replaced as it wont be available. (Don't get caught out)

Basically - get the service YOU DESERVE from such a large investment of tools that we want you to own and maintain for years to come and bottom line - Make YOU lots of MONEY
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thread Information