Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: blue boxes???

Automatic and hand tools, sanders, stilts etc. What's hot and what's not.

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default blue boxes???


    hi all .i am new here so if this is in the wrong place sorry .just starting to get together some jointing tools done a little over the years but never everyday and as i am not getting any younger i am going to do it full time when i get a full set of tools.i have been offered a 10 inch and 12 inch box both of which are blue and look like brand new hardly any use the are anodised but no markings only serial numbers what make are they? and are they any good also been offered 3inch corner tool 150 for the 3 but no handles is this ok?and i can get a bazooka tape tech one for 350 is this a good price ? thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    252
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    60
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
    hi all .i am new here so if this is in the wrong place sorry .just starting to get together some jointing tools done a little over the years but never everyday and as i am not getting any younger i am going to do it full time when i get a full set of tools.i have been offered a 10 inch and 12 inch box both of which are blue and look like brand new hardly any use the are anodised but no markings only serial numbers what make are they? and are they any good also been offered 3inch corner tool 150 for the 3 but no handles is this ok?and i can get a bazooka tape tech one for 350 is this a good price ? thanks
    hey scottyboy,if its the blue boxes i think, they will be speed tape ones, dont go near them,bloody murder trying to get a job of them,i take it corner tool is a butterfly,for that price would have to be nearly new or little used,and tapetech bazooka would cost about a grand new,so as long as its in right good condition should be alright.as for boxes,i use speed tape gold ones and their fine but blue ones are put together differently and are poor.

  3. #3
    Season ticket holder amestaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,644
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    432
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    282
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

    Default

    You shouldnt presume all blue boxes are made by Speedtape, I think Goldblatt manufacture theirs and i didnt like them either. I have a blue 8" box from Premier Drywall in my toolkit and its a great box. Its over 20 years old and I prefer it to the other branded boxes.

    http://www.all-wall.com/Categories/B...lat-Box-Parts/

    http://www.fantastictools.com/p-1197...-flat-box.aspx
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

  4. #4
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    You shouldnt presume all blue boxes are made by Speedtape, I think Goldblatt manufacture theirs and i didnt like them either. I have a blue 8" box from Premier Drywall in my toolkit and its a great box. Its over 20 years old and I prefer it to the other branded boxes.

    http://www.all-wall.com/Categories/B...lat-Box-Parts/



    http://www.fantastictools.com/p-1197...-flat-box.aspx
    Still got my old premier machine and both 10 and 12 boxes in the shed.Your right, it's real good kit.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big g View Post
    hey scottyboy,if its the blue boxes i think, they will be speed tape ones, dont go near them,bloody murder trying to get a job of them,i take it corner tool is a butterfly,for that price would have to be nearly new or little used,and tapetech bazooka would cost about a grand new,so as long as its in right good condition should be alright.as for boxes,i use speed tape gold ones and their fine but blue ones are put together differently and are poor.
    its 150 for the corner tool and the boxes or 500 with the bazooka just no handles .

  6. #6
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
    its 150 for the corner tool and the boxes or 500 with the bazooka just no handles .
    If they are in decent nick,it doesn't sound too bad a deal to me...

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    they look brand new tbh

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    252
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    60
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

    Default

    does sound ok,but check out the boxes with link ames put on,they are same colour but look different from speedtape,trust me speedtape blue boxes are very poor.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    speed tape boxes are no good with their plactic holders etc.. bazooka price is nice (check it go see it if u can) i i've 3 " inch Tapetech cornner finisher (just the head) and can add to it speed tape handle with it for about 100 pm if intrested

  10. #10
    VIP E.K Taper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    East Kilbride, Glasgow
    Posts
    1,390
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    387
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    200
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

    Default

    If it wasn't 4 weeks till Christmas, I'd be interested myself mate!

  11. #11
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    812
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    88
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    128
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

    Default

    be good to see a pic if you have one - some of the later stp pro boxes came with brass blade holders
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Blue line pump
    By chabev10 in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-05-2012, 07:39 PM
  2. Smurf blue Spanish town
    By amestaper in forum Painting and decorating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-06-2011, 01:27 PM
  3. Blue pumps for sale !!
    By pompey jake in forum For sale and wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-03-2010, 09:34 PM
  4. Blue Line 8" box
    By drywall guy in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 09:10 PM
  5. Blue pumps!!!!
    By pompey jake in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-02-2010, 05:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •