Stud partitions, suspended ceiling, dot dab and sheeting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rates for metal frame partitions

Hi everyone, first time on this forum so hope someone can help me (and sorry for long post). I'm a framing out a new office structure in timber inside a warehouse in Norwich this month. Its been on hold for 3 years and got the call yesterday. The client is still working out what he wants for internal offices and he's going to drop the layout on me and expect the work to start the same day which means I won't have time to send it out to price. I've got 2 mates who want to do the work but I don't know what a fair rate is for the the MF partitions /sqm labour only (I trust them but I'd like to know I'm not being abused). Spec is 2.4 high 2 layers soundbloc on both sides for most of it and also some single layer fire line board as well. Its a mix of long runs and small offices which could be fiddly. I'm doing all the joinery but never done MF before so want someone else to do it. Taping and jointing being done by someone else. Thanks!!!!!

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Branston Pickle View Post
    Hi everyone, first time on this forum so hope someone can help me (and sorry for long post). I'm a framing out a new office structure in timber inside a warehouse in Norwich this month. Its been on hold for 3 years and got the call yesterday. The client is still working out what he wants for internal offices and he's going to drop the layout on me and expect the work to start the same day which means I won't have time to send it out to price. I've got 2 mates who want to do the work but I don't know what a fair rate is for the the MF partitions /sqm labour only (I trust them but I'd like to know I'm not being abused). Spec is 2.4 high 2 layers soundbloc on both sides for most of it and also some single layer fire line board as well. Its a mix of long runs and small offices which could be fiddly. I'm doing all the joinery but never done MF before so want someone else to do it. Taping and jointing being done by someone else. Thanks!!!!!
    Just me being pedantic, but MF is a ceiling system/independent wall lining system/ and "dabbed" on wall lining batten system. Partitions are Metal Stud
    As for rates, I worked for a tightarse before the credit crunch (2007)and was getting 3.25 for the Metal Stud (should of been 4.25 at least) think he's paying less than 3.00 now ( shyster that he is)
    Boarding 2.50 wouldn't be untoward

Welcome to the forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    Just me being pedantic, but MF is a ceiling system/independent wall lining system/ and "dabbed" on wall lining batten system. Partitions are Metal Stud
    As for rates, I worked for a tightarse before the credit crunch (2007)and was getting 3.25 for the Metal Stud (should of been 4.25 at least) think he's paying less than 3.00 now ( shyster that he is)
    Boarding 2.50 wouldn't be untoward

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for guide Brian and the terminology correction, its important to get it right. One more question if thats OK, my supplier is recommending me British Gypsum's metal stud system but it looks a touch pricier that some of the other stuff available, is it worth the extra does anyone think, what are you getting for the extra expense?

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Regards BG material, in a nutshell, nothing extra other than the brand name. Speedline, Tradeline,and others are equal and approved and just as good, and less

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brian S For This Useful Post:

Branston Pickle (03-11-2013)

Thread Information