New members. Please say hello and introduce yourself here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default able and willing!

drywallschool.com

Been in the game over 30+ years ,started has chippy at 15 years old but drank myself out of appenticship after a few years , then ended up working for a firm doing timber partitons and ceilings, doing boarding,dot and dabbing, bit of plasterering. then went into artexing and coving which was then booming, did a bit of tape jointing with the brothers business, left uk worked in europe germany , holland , belgium and then moved to Ireland , worked back at tacking , metaling and ceiling work , boom came there , had my own business, building and plastering got marry again . The marriage and the business went pair shaped ( I miss that business) and started back by myself drylining in and around Dublin working for a few small builders, then I was back working in the uk until the recession hit , I have a home in Ireland so back there just doing odds and sods last 4 years , my youngest son who lives with me just left school and now back at his mums ,so time for me to head back over to uk and spend sometime with my grandkids there and hopfuly pick up some work so I be able to afford to retire in my eighties
    Last edited by cossyshamo; 30-12-2013 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Welcome to the site. With that experience on your cv, surely you are not having trouble finding work?
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    Welcome to the site. With that experience on your cv, surely you are not having trouble finding work?
    Cheers , should be back over there next month all going well , I still have contacts in and around london , so no problem there , I did my cscs up in Belfast begining of october , passed that, sent off for card still waiting, its a mission trying to get somebody live to answer the phone there , but they sent me a e-mail wishing me a happy xmas etc , so I sent them one back (the less said about that the better). so thanks for the welcome and a Happy and Profitable New Year to all .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    I would leave out the "drank myself out of apprenticeship" bit
    although it did make me laugh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    I would leave out the "drank myself out of apprenticeship" bit
    although it did make me laugh!
    there wasnt much in life that I didnt drink myself out of, after 20 years off it I like to think of it has my learning curve

Thread Information