Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Automatic and hand tools, sanders, stilts etc. What's hot and what's not.

  1. #1
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    593
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

    Default Any one recommend a decent Task light


    With all this bad weather there is little light in these houses that im doing, so far I have ben able to run a 110 lead up from the last finnished house but that wont last long as I get further away, so im looking for a good site/task light with its own battery the kind you charge up at night and use during the day. Any one recommend a good one.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    252
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    60
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

    Default

    hi dillon,im using a yellow faithfull light i got from amazon,charge overnight and it does for about 3 hours,their about 30,or screwfix do quite a good 1 at the same price.not as good a light you get from running a light from a genny but its good enough.

  3. #3
    Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

    Default

    Been looking at these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dewalt-Nan...item27d4c93bfb

    2700 lumens is quite bright,

  4. #4
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,337
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    52
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

    Default

    Thorsman Goliath Pro's . They aren't cheap but they are quite robust and the light is good from them.

  5. #5
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    523
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    80
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    With all this bad weather there is little light in these houses that im doing, so far I have ben able to run a 110 lead up from the last finnished house but that wont last long as I get further away, so im looking for a good site/task light with its own battery the kind you charge up at night and use during the day. Any one recommend a good one.
    Bought 2 rechargeable led lights from led hut!! They r the dogs bits!
    look up led hut and they look like a mini halogen light! Run for 4 hours on 1 charge!
    Lum life is on the back of them!! Cant rate them enough as I would have got nothing done as we don't get power!

  6. #6
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    593
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the reply's The Dewalt one is too expensive for me especially as batteries are not inc and I dont have any other Dewalt gear to borrow a battery from.

    MAchine Mart do a nice one but I also like the LED Hut one http://www.ledhut.co.uk/portable-rec...ool-white.html.

    Sill checking out the Thorsman before I make a choice.

    Thanks Again all.

  7. #7
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    Bought 2 rechargeable led lights from led hut!! They r the dogs bits!
    look up led hut and they look like a mini halogen light! Run for 4 hours on 1 charge!
    Lum life is on the back of them!! Cant rate them enough as I would have got nothing done as we don't get power!
    Saw these on site,the chippies had them. They swear by them and yes well worth it IMHO....Too late for this year for me,but in October i'll be buying some I think....

  8. #8
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    593
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

    Default

    Yep just placed an order for the LED Hut light so I'll find out if they are any good. If not I'll put it to good use in my caravan.

  9. #9
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Let us know what you think mate. Another oppinion is always handy......

  10. #10
    VIP E.K Taper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    East Kilbride, Glasgow
    Posts
    1,390
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    387
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    200
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big g View Post
    hi dillon,im using a yellow faithfull light i got from amazon,charge overnight and it does for about 3 hours,their about 30,or screwfix do quite a good 1 at the same price.not as good a light you get from running a light from a genny but its good enough.
    I was coming on to post similar. The 30 ones from Screwfix are good, and seem quite popular too

  11. #11
    Season Ticket Holder DMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    528
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    75
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

    Default

    Currently using the 30 light from screwfix, works a treat. You get about 3hrs light from it, cant fault it tbh great value for money

  12. #12
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,337
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    52
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

    Default

    The sparks on site had one of these today. Amazing amount of light came from it.http://www.myfloodit.com/essential/4582174905

  13. #13
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    593
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

    Default

    The Led Hut one is better 10w and 600 lumens with 5hrs run time 42 inc Mine arives tomorrow

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    97
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    The Led Hut one is better 10w and 600 lumens with 5hrs run time 42 inc Mine arives tomorrow
    Only 4hrs run time, but would be interested on your thoughts once you've used it for a few days.

  15. #15
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC View Post
    Currently using the 30 light from screwfix, works a treat. You get about 3hrs light from it, cant fault it tbh great value for money
    See they have now been bumped up to 40 ......and keep running out of stock.

  16. #16
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    593
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drywall guy View Post
    Only 4hrs run time, but would be interested on your thoughts once you've used it for a few days.

    Yup I will post up a review, I have nothing to compare it with though as at the moment Im using a 110v twin florescent jobie thats very good still its got to be better than a head torch. .......................hasnt it

    I should add im a total numpty with elecrics so I can only go by the numbers quoted even though I have no Idea what 10w and 600 lumens means other than its more than 5w and 400 lumens.

    Watts a Lumen any way

  17. #17
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    523
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    80
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    U will soon find out how ur taping is!!
    That little lights are the best!! I use mine 2 go round on final sand and they show up everything!! A bit 2 good sometimes but after u sand with 1 off them u will b sure ur taping job is up 2 scratch!

  18. #18
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    593
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    U will soon find out how ur taping is!!
    That little lights are the best!! I use mine 2 go round on final sand and they show up everything!! A bit 2 good sometimes but after u sand with 1 off them u will b sure ur taping job is up 2 scratch!

    Better send this one back then

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dillon For This Useful Post:

    Beermonster (11-02-2014)

  20. #19
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    523
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    80
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Better send this one back then
    U will b shocked chief!!!!!!

  21. #20
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    593
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

    Default

    Ok its arrived and now charged its a nice compact unit and has 3 brightness settings, I have tried in in my house with the lights off and it gives of a decent light to work with but the read test will be when I next do a house on site, I have a sand down tomorrow and one to joint next week so wiill report then.

    Oh yeh who ever taped my house in 1990 need shooting that light showed it all up

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. promix light
    By wallpaul in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-03-2014, 07:51 PM
  2. Wondertex ultra light filler
    By Gooseone in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-10-2011, 10:01 PM
  3. Cheapest / decent flatboxes & mud tubes
    By scottishlad2k10 in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 07:14 PM
  4. New sander and dust extractor what do you guys recommend
    By SJMMR in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-01-2011, 11:03 PM
  5. ps3 red blinking light
    By turrican_007 in forum General off topic chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-11-2010, 05:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •