Automatic and hand tools, sanders, stilts etc. What's hot and what's not.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Default Merchant what would you do

drywallschool.com

I have used the same merchant for some 15yrs now they all ways carry a good stock and are very convenient, But heres the problem they creep their prices up and up and up then eventually you find you can buy cheaper else where so you confront them and they price match, then the creep them up again and again.
    I stopped buying tapes from them ages ago but still buy powder because its convenient for the small amount I use, Last week I went it to buy some gear and just out of curiosity I asked how much their metal angle was.....4 more per roll than what I get it for mail order to my door next day. So I tell them what i can get it for and instantly they drop it by 2 a roll which I say still is no good, it ended up with me showing them what I but for and the say they will look into it. later that day they call me and basically match my prices on tapes but no drop on the powder so now Im wondering how much over the odds I am paying for that.

This really pisses me off because its not the first time this has happened and im currently looking for another supplier for my powders which begs my question

WHAT WOULD YOU DO

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Companies, whatever they make or do, are there to make money. Loyalty on your part is just seen by them as lazyness, and so they will just try to screw you for what they can. Just add up what you spend a year with them, find what you can get elsewhere and at what prices,then comfront them with the fact that if they cant come close to these other prices then they will lose that X amount you spend per year. You will have to do this every few years as they WILL try it again. Its just buiseness. Dont be so loyal imho.......

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Thanks for the reply Forestbhoy I know your right its just that I worked really hard to get my prices down in the first place,Im not Lazy when I agree a set of prices I expect them to stay the same untill notified different. It says on my invoice 43% off but 43% off what is the question. I except that things go up but once I have agreed a price for items I dont expect to have to check that they are as I agreed every time I shop. In fact now I think about it this is why I stopped having a account with these people because it was too hard to keep track of what they were charging and now pay cash each time. Obviousley Im going to have to keep a closer eye on it and question every transaction. I think they have shot their bolt with me I consider it deceitful and untrustworthy so they will loose my custom.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

you have to shop around, just before Christmas i was buying smartmix from a merchant that's only 4 miles from where i live went in the next week and the price had went up 3 per tub when i questioned them they said they would match last weeks price but for me the damage was done as i was getting stuff there most weeks and spending a fortune, i shopped about and i'm saving money on smartmix and i'm getting it delivered as well.

Thread Information