Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hairline cracks

Paint, decoration, wallpapers, spray, coving etc.

  1. #1
    Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

    Default Hairline cracks


    Got to repaint the outside of my place, I have several hairline cracks, what's the best way of filling them, silicone, painters caulk, or just normal "polyfilla"

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brian S For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    523
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    80
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    Got to repaint the outside of my place, I have several hairline cracks, what's the best way of filling them, silicone, painters caulk, or just normal "polyfilla"
    I had the same problem with my old house!
    I just caulked over the cracks and painted it when still wet and that sorted it!!
    Don't use silicon as f*ck all sticks 2 that!!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beermonster For This Useful Post:

    Brian S (19-04-2014)

  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NE Essex
    Posts
    34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    I had the same problem with my old house!
    I just caulked over the cracks and painted it when still wet and that sorted it!!
    Don't use silicon as f*ck all sticks 2 that!!
    Decorater's caulk for external render cracks? you are shitting me?!
    Cut the crack into a V with a 4 inch grinder (diamond blade obviously) then fill with sand and cement or Toupret exterior filler. Caulk will keep opening up. do it once do it properly.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMan For This Useful Post:

    Brian S (01-05-2014)

  7. #4
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    523
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    80
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Decorater's caulk for external render cracks? you are shitting me?!
    Cut the crack into a V with a 4 inch grinder (diamond blade obviously) then fill with sand and cement or Toupret exterior filler. Caulk will keep opening up. do it once do it properly.
    I'm shitting no1!
    That was the cure for an old council house that I stayed in for 10 years thanx!!!
    Chit I could go take a pic of it and still good!!
    So if not tried don't slag me off!!!! Thanx again

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •