Results 1 to 6 of 6

Automatic and hand tools, sanders, stilts etc. What's hot and what's not.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

    Angry columbia mud tube


    well having had a grands worth of tools stolen i had to invest in a whole lot of new things... had all columbia tools without issues so went down that road. it would seem nothing much fits onto the end of thier new black compound tube. they claim all brands will fit end of tube but most wont even sqeeze on never mind move freely as needed. why cant we have a british company make our tools so we dont have to go back and forth to yank retards. the end ball is clearly much bigger than that found on thier poles every thing fits great on that but not the tube... really columbia!

  2. #2
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    812
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    88
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    128
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    well having had a grands worth of tools stolen i had to invest in a whole lot of new things... had all columbia tools without issues so went down that road. it would seem nothing much fits onto the end of thier new black compound tube. they claim all brands will fit end of tube but most wont even sqeeze on never mind move freely as needed. why cant we have a british company make our tools so we dont have to go back and forth to yank retards. the end ball is clearly much bigger than that found on thier poles every thing fits great on that but not the tube... really columbia!
    Hi


    There's a new nozzle end piece being sent over as we speak that will simply screw onto the tube you have these are being supplied for free to anyone who purchased the new black tubes (Did you buy tube from Belmore?) if not why not haHa !
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to belmoreboy For This Useful Post:

    thomas.savage (04-09-2014)

  4. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

    Default

    ah useful info marcus thanks.. shame no one at walls n ceilings are aware of that preferbly befor they sold it and buggered up my week not to mention columbia them selfs, not bothering to answer emails. what should i expect though they are no dought still playing with there own shit n pressing all the buttons on the cnc machines at once coz thier so shiny shiny flashy flashy.

  5. #4
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    812
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    88
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    128
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    ah useful info marcus thanks.. shame no one at walls n ceilings are aware of that preferbly befor they sold it and buggered up my week not to mention columbia them selfs, not bothering to answer emails. what should i expect though they are no dought still playing with there own shit n pressing all the buttons on the cnc machines at once coz thier so shiny shiny flashy flashy.

    No worries thomas - even though you purchased from the darkside - happy send you one from my stock when they arrive.

    we have found with columbia as you say they like their CNC machine - but one thing is they are very fast at rectifying any issues that occur - seems odd they did not reply to your email - if you have any further issues with columbia first port of call = Belmore we can usually sort quickly.
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

  6. #5
    Newbie ColumbiaTechSupport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Langley, B.C.
    Posts
    16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Hello Tom,

    We did receive your email and respond, I'm not sure why it didn't make it to you, Sorry for that. We did receive your address from Walls & Ceilings and have sent a ball your way last week.

    The Tubes ball was made to work with all major brands of flushers but to use it with an Anglehead it does need the ball end changed. In the future it will come with both sizes.

    I apologize for any trouble this has caused you if you need a fix in the mean time the socket cap that the ball sits into can be removed to make room.


    PS although we love Americans we are Proudly Canadian.

    Aaron

  7. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

    Default

    hello, well glad your now sending two balls out with the tubes however i dont understand the change as all angle heads flushers and applicator heads fitted your old tube plus all fits the tape pro tube canam tube and so on...never got on well with using a flusher head on end of tube i dont know any one who has finishing head yes flusher no. so it would seen redesigning the ball end to only fit the flusher and red diamond tools then not telling anyone who buys the tube most tools ur used to useing now wont fit was beyond wrong. dont fear though despite your canadian roots you still have managed to out retard your beloved american friends... a mean feat indeed.. well done!
    ps now u are fixing the problem all be it arse about face its well worth saying you have made the best tube.
    pps it is possible to make one ball end that fits all!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColumbiaTechSupport View Post
    Hello Tom,

    We did receive your email and respond, I'm not sure why it didn't make it to you, Sorry for that. We did receive your address from Walls & Ceilings and have sent a ball your way last week.

    The Tubes ball was made to work with all major brands of flushers but to use it with an Anglehead it does need the ball end changed. In the future it will come with both sizes.

    I apologize for any trouble this has caused you if you need a fix in the mean time the socket cap that the ball sits into can be removed to make room.


    PS although we love Americans we are Proudly Canadian.

    Aaron
    Last edited by thomas.savage; 09-09-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Columbia Cam Lock Tube and accessories?
    By Oldtimer in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-02-2017, 12:42 AM
  2. Columbia auto taper, mud tube and other bits!
    By geordietaper in forum For sale and wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-02-2015, 07:29 AM
  3. mud tube/flusher wanted
    By kelly3a in forum For sale and wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 05:04 PM
  4. WANTED cheap mud tube
    By ALROH57 in forum For sale and wanted
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19-08-2014, 09:31 PM
  5. Mud tube
    By DMC in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 07:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •