Automatic and hand tools, sanders, stilts etc. What's hot and what's not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default compound tube/applicator head

drywallschool.com

ok before everyone says get a bazooka not a tube my plan is (mainly due to budget) get the canam compound tube + inside applicator. tube up, paper on by hand , roll in with tapetech corner roller then run 2.5 tapetech corner finsher over. then when dry topping with 3inch head. can anyone see any reasons why this wouldn't work? basically just switching bazooka for tube and hands?..anyway onto the question I started the post for does anyone know if the better than ever or tapetech "external" head will fit onto the canam tube?? as I cant find anywhere (in the country) that sell the canam external applicator. cheers in advance for any input/advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Minksy89 View Post
    ok before everyone says get a bazooka not a tube my plan is (mainly due to budget) get the canam compound tube + inside applicator. tube up, paper on by hand , roll in with tapetech corner roller then run 2.5 tapetech corner finsher over. then when dry topping with 3inch head. can anyone see any reasons why this wouldn't work? basically just switching bazooka for tube and hands?..anyway onto the question I started the post for does anyone know if the better than ever or tapetech "external" head will fit onto the canam tube?? as I cant find anywhere (in the country) that sell the canam external applicator. cheers in advance for any input/advice

I have a canam canam external applicator head lying around doing nothing, pm me and we can sort something out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

this should work great, if your leaving them to dry before finishing them its better to go big to small, so say flush with 3.5 then top with 3. you can get the canam in the uk, will find the site and edit my post with it. www.dry-lining.co.uk

its ok but not the best applicator head, i used a modified red diamond head. you want ribbons of gear rather than two narrow thick beads as its much easier to roll in if the head is grated.

the tapepro head is great, plus when it wears down you can get a padsaw and cut grooves into it so you get the right amount of material on the wall, the amount you want to perfection.
    Last edited by thomas.savage; 16-02-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    this should work great, if your leaving them to dry before finishing them its better to go big to small, so say flush with 3.5 then top with 3. you can get the canam in the uk, will find the site and edit my post with it. www.dry-lining.co.uk

its ok but not the best applicator head, i used a modified red diamond head. you want ribbons of gear rather than two narrow thick beads as its much easier to roll in if the head is grated.

the tapepro head is great, plus when it wears down you can get a padsaw and cut grooves into it so you get the right amount of material on the wall, the amount you want to perfection.
    Cheers for reply . yeah dry-lining.co.uk is where I'm going to get the majority of my tools as they seem by far the cheapest on set speacials ect, but they don't sell the canAm external head so going to get the tapetech plastic one and "hope" it fits the canAm tube?. And big to small on internals? Really ? Don't know any jointers that do it like that everyone I know does it the way I've describe above but with bazooka to apply them. Does running a 2.5 head over a dry 3head score/scratch them?
    Last edited by Minksy89; 16-02-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

The tape pro external applicator is the best I have used. Fantastic bit of kit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh and another question ..running filler through tubes is it ok to just flush half a bucket of water through it before filler goes off or am I going to need a tube I can take apart if I plan on using filler through it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DMC View Post
    The tape pro external applicator is the best I have used. Fantastic bit of kit.
    Bit on a noob question but do all applicator's fit all tubes or does it need be say BTE applicator to BTE tube??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Bte didn't fit on a tapepro tube,way to loose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Bit on a noob question but do all applicator's fit all tubes or does it need be say BTE applicator to BTE tube??
    if you want to put filler though it best get the tapetech mud tube, its new but the only one that comes apart super easy both ends. the BTE tube is shit, but the columbia and tapetech will be ok with most heads. the tapepro tube is shit, well not optimum.

the plastic ball on the BTE tube is a little big, its a shit and to be avoided. avoid BTE all round, CanAM columbia or tapetech.

fuck me two tapers agree on something lol tapepro applicator heads internal and external (though i dont use the external at the moment) are the best lol

if your thinking of using a tube with a external applicator head for metal angle tape, obviously this will entail filler so get a small ish tapetech tube for that. you dont really want a long tube like you would for the internal paper tapes. also keeping the filler in a separate tube to the joint cement cant do any harm.

to recap you want tapepro applicator heads, they should fit you canam tube. have a big tube for internals and a smaller one for filler/external metal angle. if you keep them separate then cleaning the filler tube can be done just by half way filling it with water then turning upside down, a good shake and squirt out.. repeat 3 times all will be well. though if its a tapetech tube you might as well take it apart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Cheers for reply . yeah dry-lining.co.uk is where I'm going to get the majority of my tools as they seem by far the cheapest on set speacials ect, but they don't sell the canAm external head so going to get the tapetech plastic one and "hope" it fits the canAm tube?. And big to small on internals? Really ? Don't know any jointers that do it like that everyone I know does it the way I've describe above but with bazooka to apply them. Does running a 2.5 head over a dry 3head score/scratch them?
    the big to small method is advanced, if you check out the us forums the guys that have been doing it 20/30 years do it that way. its better for two reasons, 1. the flush coat fills out the taper edge (this is good for various reasons), 2. the second coat will leave no edge.. like zero edge. it will only work if they are dry though or if your putting them in with a setting compound.

i have seen some guys going 3 then 2 but for me its best to go 3 then 2.5 or better still 3.5 to 3.

oh and given your going large to small you wont be going over the edge and snots of the first coat so infact its impossible to get scratches... that's the 3rd reason its better. most guys just flush over with a crap BTE flusher and one coat...

if you're a short arse then a bazooka is a good idea but if you can reach then its better to put them in by hand, this way you can have a thinner mix. the tape rolls in instant and sits back better also other benefits . others will disagree, but they won't of seen me doing it.
    Last edited by thomas.savage; 16-02-2016 at 07:53 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thomas.savage For This Useful Post:

Minksy89 (16-02-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi Tom, Have you had some trouble with the Tapepro tube?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomg View Post
    Hi Tom, Have you had some trouble with the Tapepro tube?
    no its just not my favorite, its not the best tube. it is however well made quality wise, but not optimum for ease of use. i think over the years i have had two, first one i got used too but second went in skip lol. i could tell you why but not over text, too many bits i dont know how to describe.

in the main i am a fan of your products.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback Thomas, we are always looking to improve our products.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tomg For This Useful Post:

amestaper (19-02-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

no worries tom, i like the way you do things.. keep on with the innovation!

Thread Information