Visit Belmore Tools online shop

Automatic and hand tools, sanders, stilts etc. What's hot and what's not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default TapeTech MAXXBOX

Has anyone tried these boxes have been looking for some reviews online but cant find any before I go out and spend my hard earned money on . cheers

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Has anyone tried these boxes have been looking for some reviews online but cant find any before I go out and spend my hard earned money on . cheers
    Just go Columbia fat boys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

They look very intelligently thought out but really if you paper tape your joints then just use a fat boy 10" for first coat.

for scrim and filler the maxx box 7" might be good but then the new quick boxes that are designed for filler need to be looked at first imo.

Its just a fad , to sell more product. Truth be told you can box perfectly well with standard boxes. The only innovation that's been worth while recently is the flushers and compound tubes but they are nothing new. Premiere tools used to make a tube 20 years ago but they stopped making them, then came the can-am and shitter than ever tools.

i take a proper corner finisher over a flusher, the flushers don't finish flat. If you feel the internal it's not flat. For rough cunts they are good as you can install the tape and finish it in one process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    They look very intelligently thought out but really if you paper tape your joints then just use a fat boy 10" for first coat.

for scrim and filler the maxx box 7" might be good but then the new quick boxes that are designed for filler need to be looked at first imo.

Its just a fad , to sell more product. Truth be told you can box perfectly well with standard boxes. The only innovation that's been worth while recently is the flushers and compound tubes but they are nothing new. Premiere tools used to make a tube 20 years ago but they stopped making them, then came the can-am and shitter than ever tools.

i take a proper corner finisher over a flusher, the flushers don't finish flat. If you feel the internal it's not flat. For rough cunts they are good as you can install the tape and finish it in one process.
    no need to fuck about with boxes.....curved trowel ...nothing wrong with one coat internals using flusher....nothing wrong with being ruff cunt......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    no need to fuck about with boxes.....curved trowel ...nothing wrong with one coat internals using flusher....nothing wrong with being ruff cunt......
    Yes mate, been using curved blades for 20 years and now form my own. mine are the best, far out perform anything on the market.

Yes one coat on internals is shit but you can getaway with it, funny thing is if you know what your doing you can put them in, in a day and two coat in the same ish time to a better standard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beermonster I have had a 12" Columbia fat boy for a few year don't like it I find it takes a lot of pressure to get stuff to come out of it even when thinned right up but cheers anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Beermonster I have had a 12" Columbia fat boy for a few year don't like it I find it takes a lot of pressure to get stuff to come out of it even when thinned right up but cheers anyway
    I have a 12" maxbox and they are different,I wouldn't have anything else now,leaves a lovely joint and gear comes out easy, took a day or two to get used too.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcfc For This Useful Post:

pablo (10-05-2016), thomas.savage (10-05-2016)

Thread Information