Visit Belmore Tools online shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question Where are you now?

There is over 100 members but it seems to be the same guys posting
    Where are you? if you just look on as a guest please log in and let us know you are still alive

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DC@USG For This Useful Post:

admin (11-09-2009)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

I like your direct, heavy handed approach at asking questions. You could come in handy.

This is exactly why the members area was created. We understand that everyone may not have the same ideas or motives for using the forum as we do. We're cool with this but refuse to give any newbies member area privelages without any commitment in return as this could put regular users at a disadvantage and I would hate to see that happen.

So, what can we do Danny? Do we offer bribes, do we threaten to delete the stagnant account, do we let the air out of their van tyres, do we sneak into their houses in the middle of the night and put a horses head in.... ???

Some people are shy, or are afraid in case they make an arse of themselves in public. I know I was apprehensive and my very first post on another forum took me about 6 months to make.

This has already been discussed and argued about behind the scenes. Nobody said starting a forum would be easy and it has already survived way longer than we anticipated. As the saying goes "You can only piss with the c*ck you've got!" and what we do have here is a hardcore group of 10 to 20 regular users and thats a solid foundation to work on.

Now thats important!

Some people have posted once or twice then disappeared, and others made it into the members area before vanishing. We could have pruned these accounts a long time ago but we feel its always better to have an empty house than a bad tenant. They're not spammers or here to cause bother otherwise they would already be banned so the username and account is kept warm for them in case they decide to come back. It could be that they're just too busy at work, nothing much was happening the last time they visited, the internet isnt all that important to them, or maybe they're computer is busted. (Dryliner8 is a perfect example, he joined last December the reappeared around a week ago).

You have to remember youve become a member fairly early on in the forums lifetime. From our standpoint, what I can say is that we're past the point of no return and the forums here to stay. The site was started as a bit of fun between friends and its grown faster than we expected. From zero last December to over several hundred thousand hits in August means people are interested and all the site stats, graphs and high falootin' charts are pointing upwards.

All we can do is slowly plod on with what we've got and add quality content to the site, piece by piece and theres a lot of additional stuff being planned under the bonnet for when the forum software gets its next upgrade to version 4.

Good question Danny. I think its just a simple case that most of the site traffic comes from guest users. If you can come up with any ideas on how to convert them into members please be sure to let us know.

PS. For the record. I would rather have a small tight core group of users posting good engaging topics and acting like adults than 1000's of members posting messages like "yeah" "great" and "I agree" to boost their post count any day of the week.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amestaper For This Useful Post:

admin (11-09-2009)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Calm down big man!

I was only trying bring the non users to get more involved.

So in the words of Delia Smith...... Come on where are you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DC@USG View Post
    Calm down big man!

I was only trying bring the non users to get more involved.

So in the words of Delia Smith...... Come on where are you?
    I know you were. I just had too much spare time on my hands last night when I wrote it.
    Your remark made me think of Harry Enfield and this email attachment I was sent last week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thread Information