Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Uk Government & foreign workers

drywallschool.com

The Uk Government & foreign workers. Are they helping or hindering the building game?

This is my first post, and hopefully not my last. I am not a racist, don’t vote BNP, and don’t give a shit what skin colour or nationality any one is but I mean to do some straight talking to get my point over. This topic has been hinted at here, but never addressed directly in a brutally open and honest manner that I intend to start now.

Our French neighbours over the channel have dealt with immigration differently. Is it racist to put their own national interests above all others because they do not have the resources to cope?

Blair’s government opened the floodgates 4 or 5 years ago to let a massive influx of eastern Europeans into the country. We were led to believe there was a shortage of UK skilled and unskilled workers and the construction industry among many other sectors faced oblivion if immigrants didn’t come into the country and do the jobs we supposedly didn’t want.

May I again point my fury and frustration? - not at the poor immigrants who were invited into this land of plenty and much opportunity to raise a few pounds to help their struggling families back home - as it is not their fault, but rather the dozy elected (and unelected) bastards and f*ckwitts who have ran this great country into the ground since 1997.

I have worked in construction for 25 years and can’t find a job. I bought an endowment I couldn't clear my mortgage with at the end of term. I can't sell my house because nobody has any money to buy it. My pension - you guessed it, its worth absolutely f*ck all. The last 10 to 15 years have all been an illusion fuelled by financial gain, fraud, debt, greedy bankers and politicians and the decision to hand the UK to the EU on a plate is the motherf*cking cherry on top. This great democracy we appear to live in is all spin and bullshit people - wake up!

My point is. Our country should be proud and its people should not be made ashamed to be patriotic without being fear of being branded a bigot or worse. Do not treat me as a second class citizen in my own country. I am English and I love my country very much - it’s just such a pity the thought of staying here one day longer makes me want to throw up.

Are the foreign workers here to help our construction industry or are they dismantling it piece by piece?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

I will admit my finger hovered over the "ban user" button for a moment or two SirSoapBox. I'm sure some people will have personal thoughts on the subject or may even be affected by the key points you've presented for discussion. Has anyone got anything to add?

I'm willing to let this topic run and see what happens but will politefully abstain from commenting and the management will keep an eye on proceedings.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Obviously you are a tad disgruntled with the current, immigration/work situation/financial crisis etc., and have chosen our forum, which only covers a small section of the many construction disciplines, to air your views. It might have been a bit more mannerly to firstly, introduce yourself, before going off on a rant full of expletives, with no regard for who might read it, be they of a young age or a female. Are you even a taper and jointer, or are you just joining as many construction forums as you can to get your views across and mix things up a bit?
    Yes, foreign workers have taken jobs away from british nationals, which is unfortunate, and we're generally earning less money at the moment than we were a year or two ago, but it will come back eventually.
    Maybe you'd like to go out and come in again, or maybe not!
    Last edited by TonyM; 24-11-2009 at 11:04 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyM For This Useful Post:

admin (25-11-2009)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default A link to our site rules as you obviously hadn't read them

Well ...........

You have some strong opinions that may well have been more appropriately vented at the Number 10 website of the UK government. These troubling times we live in are obviously a touchy subject for some people but please have some consideration for what you have just done. You have gatecrashed a drywall forum under a pseudonym and ranted in a foul mouthed nature about something nobody in this forum would have any kind of influence over. We all play the same game as you, everyone else who registered with us just has more courtesy and manners than you do my angry friend.

My dilemma I have now is, if this topic is discussed sensibly and with some degree of civility like adults this could end up a good argument with opposing points of view etc, or it could disintegrate into anarchy if allowed to continue in the same manner with offending language. It may also attract more hardline political comments, and these have contributed to many other websites being hacked in the past as it made them a target for all types of people with a grudge. We have no enemies and would like to keep things that way!

Please read the site rules - Politics and religion will be kept to a minimum.

I have edited your expletives so please consider this a warning. One more strike and you are out the door Mr Angry.
    Last edited by admin; 26-11-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Link added to site rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Has this topic has crashed and burned? So much to say, so little replies.
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Senile Old Bastard the_tapeinator's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    Has this topic has crashed and burned? So much to say, so little replies.
    thats cos it sounds like a partyy politcal broadcast from a redneck prick to pt it politely.
    Tho he might have a point bout the UK govt being arseholes
    Jesus loves you........ everyone else thinks you're an arsehole.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thumbs up owe my!!!

OH MY GIDDY AUNT easy tiger!but what can we do about it my angry fellow.thats a fair old outburst i to have an endowment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool

lol get the poles out

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I would tend to agree with the administration, take the rants elsewhere. I don't really see the immigrants being the problem, particularly since most of them are going home anyway. There are an awful lot of englishmen who can't be bothered to get off the dole and be productive (about half my street). It is a shame we can't do a straight swap, clear the dole books in exchange for people that want to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Englishman View Post
    The Uk Government & foreign workers. Are they helping or hindering the building game?

- itís just such a pity the thought of staying here one day longer makes me want to throw up.
    Where you thinking about going to Poland,Russia,Australia or New Zealand, hope your made to feel welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

This guy was a numpty and we considered changing his avatar from Gordon Brown to Alf Garnett. It sounded suspiciously like a party political broadcast by one of Nick Griffins henchmen and we hope he takes a few ecstasy tabs and tones it down before he thinks about posting here again.

EDIT. He got off on the wrong foot but if he would like to start again with some manners, then the door is left open for his return.
    Last edited by amestaper; 17-02-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: dont like to slam the door on peoples toes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

For me (having worked on many many sites) it's the ease of which people can work in this country without checks and balances.

I am in favour of the Australian approach - points system, health checks and background checks.

I tried to work briefly in France and the paper work required to get me paid and open a bank account was problematic , needing an ID card passed by the local police etc.

Here you turn up you work - that to me is not right.

Just my 2 cents

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

its not to bad up here mate but they are coming,and i think you are correct there should be a points system,my brother wants to go a land downunder but hes got to pay 2 grand and he may not get in or get his money back if he doesnt get in,how fair is that..... bend over and give in, theres nothing you can do about it my friend....

Thread Information