Thread: Summer Bonus

Other stuff. Everything else unrelated to building site chat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default Summer Bonus

Real-Debrid

If like me, most of you are born sceptics, then just think about this.
    About 6-8 weeks ago I had a random call from a company that said they could claim back money from my credit card providers if I thought I had been mis-sold payment protection insurance. I usually tell cold callers i'm not interested but the chap was quite polite and friendly so I listened to what he had to say. They sent me an information pack which I didn't even open for 3-4 weeks, in which time they had tried ringing me daily and texting me, and I was getting rather (french word)ed off with them. I only opened the pack when doing some paperwork and thought it couldn't hurt to fill in a couple of forms and send it back, so I did. Since then, I have only had one text saying that my claim was being processed. Last week I had a letter from the Halifax, one of my card providers, saying that they were sorry that I wasn't happy with their service and that they have a system for dealing with complaints, and that they would look into my account. Today, I had a cheque waiting for me when I got home for over 1700. I will have to pay the claims company a commission of 30% because I agreed to that initially but that still leaves me with 1200 that I wouldn't have had otherwise. What I suggest to any of you guys, is don't use one of these companies, but get the booklet from your banks and card providers about reclaiming these fees. I was being charged PPI on my outstanding balance for umpteen years, when, if you are self employed, these policies will never pay out. so I was sold something that I did not need. Look in to it chaps.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyM For This Useful Post:

amestaper (03-07-2010), E.K Taper (03-07-2010)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thats a nice wee lift you got there Tony . Good on you for following up that call , I probably wouldnt have bothered, but I'm gonna try now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I have probably hung up on them when they called me

Thread Information