Visit Belmore Tools online shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Plastering, rendering, cornice, blockwork, flooring etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default myhammer scam crooks theives rip off

hi just wondering what peoples opinion is on website service (haha) myhammer i have registered maybee 6 months ago and was big mistake costing a lot of money for a crappy service also they rope you in with a no obligation trial but its not no obligation because if you dont cancel you will enter a contract with them pretty dam sly.. and there customer service is terrible. anybody else been ripped off with them and if not do not even give them ur email. they threaten at 1 instant with debt collection if no payments are made.. so canceling direct debit is out window lol..

anyone???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Sounds dodgy, did you get any work from it....NOT!
    www.dryliningfinisher.co.uk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Stay well clear of all those b@stards that promise you work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Stay well clear of all those b@stards that promise you work.

amen to that, if they did what they all promised there would be a glut of work instead of next to sod all.

Senile Old Bastard the_tapeinator's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

pay a sub and keep yourself in steady work by undercutting teh compettion? not a clever business plan if they make a mint while pissing off builders who rgistered
    how much did it cost exactly?
    Jesus loves you........ everyone else thinks you're an arsehole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

I had this coversation with a friend not long ago and I'm interested to see if anyone actually rates these type of sites. Why cant you just cancel a DD if they arent providing what you paid for?
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

know some sole traders that have won a few nice jobs from rated people but tends to be quick skimming jobs, painting and maintenance work - but if youre desperate worth a look as you only bid for the jobs you want, and has handy text service so you quote while youre at work - saves sitting in front of monitor for work to come along !
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

it costs 67pound per month and yes there is work on it marcus but there are so many people competing for the work the price goes lower and lower to the point its barely worth going to the job.
    plus there is a loophole anybody can make a profile up even two if want and bid on there own work they want done down even more, and the tradesmen would not even know.
    i have requested many site visits and dont get any responce they want you to bid on the work before seen it :-O and if you bid for the job and win you then pay a percentage of the winning bid to theses pr#cks which is deducted from your card. so you get screwed twice before you have been able to see the job. as we all know walking in blind is a bad bad move anyway!!
    i tried to do cancel the direct debit and was then send letters threatening debt collection so then had to pay with a late fee aswell and it has taken 3weeks and for them to even know i sent the card payment. they stil sent emails asking for payment even tho sent them proof of payment.
    they are totaly useless and the helpline do not help just talk over you and there (german) so you cannot get anywhere.
    i would advise any1 considering not to even think about it as they prey on guys out of work ripping them off so stay well clear of these companys guys..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Davie@ATT For This Useful Post:

the_tapeinator (11-12-2011)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    know some sole traders that have won a few nice jobs from rated people but tends to be quick skimming jobs, painting and maintenance work - but if youre desperate worth a look as you only bid for the jobs you want, and has handy text service so you quote while youre at work - saves sitting in fronnt of monitor for work to come along !
    I done 2 wee painting jobs from rated peoples
    that was 10 4 3 months
    then u getting text msg with jobs if u intrested u need to text them back and they will send u contact number to client (that another 10)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

mORE

We are writing to inform you that further to changing market conditions, we are updating our prices for customer contact credits with effect from the 1st December 2010. New prices for our customer contact batches are as follows:

- 20 customer contacts: 239.80 excluding VAT

- 50 customer contacts: 574.50 excluding VAT (25 saving)

- 100 customer contacts: 1099.00 excluding VAT (100 saving)

Current prices are still valid until 30th November 2010, giving you the chance to subscribe to our service at existing rates. Existing terms and conditions will pertain beyond the date of the new prices having come into effect. Should you require any information, please contact us on the number below or by email at customercare@servicemagic.co.uk
    www.dryliningfinisher.co.uk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to turrican_007 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My hammer are trying to rip me off too. Do not be fooled, the collection company that wrote to me are marked as COMPANY REMOVED when I checked up on there name.
    I have kept the emails cancelling my account and will not be paying them anything. Good luck to everybody in the same boat and I will keep you informed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Davie@ATT View Post
    hi just wondering what peoples opinion is on website service (haha) myhammer i have registered maybee 6 months ago and was big mistake costing a lot of money for a crappy service also they rope you in with a no obligation trial but its not no obligation because if you dont cancel you will enter a contract with them pretty dam sly.. and there customer service is terrible. anybody else been ripped off with them and if not do not even give them ur email. they threaten at 1 instant with debt collection if no payments are made.. so canceling direct debit is out window lol..

anyone???
    They are rip off merchants ,wanted 72 from me for 3 months subscription which I paid cash into their account ,because they couldn't find this even though I sent proof of payment ,they blocked the account for 2 and a half months and then tried billing me for another 3 months subsciption .AVOID !!!

Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phil769 View Post
    They are rip off merchants ,wanted 72 from me for 3 months subscription which I paid cash into their account ,because they couldn't find this even though I sent proof of payment ,they blocked the account for 2 and a half months and then tried billing me for another 3 months subsciption .AVOID !!!

hah i kept getting these phonecalls all day yesterday didnt recognise the number so didnt answer got home and typed it in google "Price Engines Ltd." some c**ts tryna offer me extensions on my house and kitchens etc..... where the hell do they get the numbers of people from? i never give it out on forms or anything aholesss!

so emailed them raging and they claim i was going to buy a kitchen........ wtf i have a new kitchen lol then they said

"It's just another form of advertising really - we find people who want a new kitchen or extension or garage conversion or something and then sell their details to a local builder who wants to quote them. We only sell the details for 30-40. Sounds like a lot but if you put an advert in the local paper it'll cost 300 or 400 with no guarantee that the phone will even ring once.

It's not for everyone, but we have about 7000 builders taking the leads across the country. We can narrow the jobs right down to very specific areas - only a few square miles, and only pass jobs where the customer has a budget over a certain amount - say 5k for a kitchen and 20k for an extension so you know it's a decent job."

consssss

16. The Following User Says Thank You to scottishlad2k10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a similar experience with my f**king hammer my self. I was chatting this through with my accountant and he told me about a new site similar to those k**bs but they are not charging anything until you actually get a job. sounds like a 'put your toe in the water, and see what bites site', but it dont cost any thing to try. Can't rember what it was called exactly but think it was trusttonto.com , might have to google it. think it is only new so might not have much competition on there. I'm gonna give it a go though. ill let you know what happens.

rob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
    I had a similar experience with my f**king hammer my self. I was chatting this through with my accountant and he told me about a new site similar to those k**bs but they are not charging anything until you actually get a job. sounds like a 'put your toe in the water, and see what bites site', but it dont cost any thing to try. Can't rember what it was called exactly but think it was trusttonto.com , might have to google it. think it is only new so might not have much competition on there. I'm gonna give it a go though. ill let you know what happens.

rob

it all just seems like a bit of a scam. and like that e-tendering crap youd probably have to be desperate for work to use the sites. think that one chagred tradesmen 30 or something, only ones who will make money is the ones who own the site. cant see much work getting put through these sites the boss is on hundreds of them and gave up in the end he never got anything atall not even offers for prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Scottishlad, Just called into see my accountant, he confirmed to me that Trusttonto.com do not charge any subscriptions, or for crap you don't need. have a look at this page he showed me on their site. trusttonto.com/why-register-your-business They seem really genuine, but don't seem to have a lot of people signed up yet, although this could be because they are new.
    Hav a look

Rob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
    Hi Scottishlad, Just called into see my accountant, he confirmed to me that Trusttonto.com do not charge any subscriptions, or for crap you don't need. have a look at this page he showed me on their site. http://www.trusttonto.com/why-register-your-business They seem really genuine, but don't seem to have a lot of people signed up yet, although this could be because they are new.
    Hav a look

Rob
    still looks like a possible scam....... if you get a contract you have to pay them money lol

i dont think il be signing up anytime soon

i dont need it anyway always leave a good finish and job and i always get callbacks wanting more work done........ this is the way to go leave a good job be reliable and youl always get offered more work thats what your business relies on thats also what would make it successful odd fluttery jobs here and there well you get the work and cash once and thats it........

plus sites like that im not convinced...... you dont know who your doing the work for and you also dont know what their money situation is like. especially if its one of these loaded b***ards these are the ones who have the money that never want to lose it
    leave a ruff job and hardly show up thats one way not to get asked back :L

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

trusttonto.com/why-register-your-business

Server Error in '/' Application. LOL SCAM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Thanks for that, another dead link bites the dust.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think you guys may have computer issues because that link works fine trusttonto.com/why-register-your-business

There's no upfront fees, you only pay if you win work. what could be fairer than that!

Thread Information